Wednesday 27 February 2013

40 DAYS: Day 18


"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." 
Mark 11:25 
We must forgive to be forgiven

S (sin to confess? Am I holding anything against anyone?)
P (is there a promise that I should make?)
A (Do I need to change my attitude towards something?)
C (Is there a command I need to follow?)
E (Is there an example to follow?)
P (What prayer do I need to pray about?)
E (What error do I need to avoid?)
T (What's the eternal truth?)
S (what is there to praise god for?)

Through this simple verse, I've realized how little I've asked God to forgive me on anything. I need to remember that as a sinner, it blocks my path and light. I need to be able to relent to god meaningfully and remember to consistently do it on a regular basis to show my deepest apologizes to God. So my attitude change is to be more humble, to be more trustworthy in him. I need to follow these examples of my friends and my families. Lastly, I praise God for being constantly forgiving and for giving up his son so we are given this true blessing that we are clearly not worthy for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment