Wednesday 27 November 2013

Trusting


"Neither this man nor his parents sinned, said Jesus, but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." John 9:3

This verse really spoke to me because I related it directly to my eye surgery. This verse was the same idea that popped into my head when I was going through the long and gruesome recovery period. I was able to get through that surgery because I thought God was using it as an opportunity to show me his power and it really did appear. This surgery really taught me that I'm not alone. I have God, my friends, and family. I rely on them to help me do things so i won't injury myself. I rely on them to give me strength. As I recovered I never realized how difficult it was to rely on others especially because I'm always trying my best to help others.  I need to realize how to take people's offers and their help without over judging and boosting about myself and how correct I am. 

God please help me remember that I'm not always right and that my knowledge solely comes from you and your gift to me. I need to know that I can't rely on myself and need to begin relying on others to help me complete my tasks and many other obstacles that I face. Help me start this by trusting others with their work and how they will contribute especially if it is a group project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment