Monday 18 November 2013

Grades are not Everything


"How did this man get such learning without having studied? Jesus answered, My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own." John 7:15-17

Even though this wasn't right after what I read yesterday, I actually thought I was reading accordingly to schedule. However, once I read this, I knew God was speaking to me.

By having trouble in making decisions in school. I've complained about my knowledge and how I don't study. This is exactly stated towards Jesus by a random person amazed by his knowledge. In the same way, I feel like people look at me as being smart. As pointed out by my friend, this is actually a gift from God and I didn't believe her words until I read this verse. 

I need to remember that everything I've learned, the ability to learn quickly and to have all this knowledge is because God has provided it to me. God gave me this brain and my body to give back to him. I need to remember that everything that comes from him is perfect and I should not worry about what my marks are and the outcome of them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment